If you’re like most of our clients, you are probably not getting enough protein in, and/or are experiencing the struggle of trying to get your protein intake up.
Humans typically naturally reach for more carbs and fats before protein, because they can often be more appealing/taste better.
BUT as you probably know, getting enough protein is very important, for muscle repair/recovery/growth, AND protein is thermogenic, meaning you burn calories while digesting it (unlike fats and carbs)!
So, heres 6 EASY ways to add protein to ANY of your meals!!!
- Protein drink/Powder: Add to coffee instead of creamer, mix into your oatmeal, or drink as a shake (pro tip- blend with almond/cashew/nonfat milk for a creamy taste instead of just using water)
- Low fat cheese: Top a dish, spread on bread, or have it on the side (pro tip: reduced fat shredded cheese, light string cheese, babybel light cheese, and laughing cow light cheese are some of my favorites)!
- Edamame: Add to salads or snack on the side (pro tip: add soy sauce and/or siracha for extra flavor)
- Non Fat Greek yogurt: Top chili, tacos, or other meat (instead of sour cream), add to shakes, or add fruit or avocado for a sweet or savory snack.
- Pre cooked lean proteins (shrimp, deli meat, chicken breast, etc) add to any dish! bowls, wraps, salads, etc! (Pro tip: add low or no calorie seasoning like johnnys, garlic salt, or hot sauce)!
- Hard boiled egg whites: Eat alone as a snack, or add to salads, toast, rice cakes (pro tip: add avocado for savory flavor)
Have an idea that’s not listed here? Share it with me, I’d love to hear! 🙂
PS – we are cooking up some awesome new things at Grit so keep your ears open for some exciting announcements coming soon!